[alsa-devel] missing control in alsamixer capture for CA0110-IBG

Susan Cragin susancragin at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 30 05:49:18 CEST 2009

I have a Creative X-fi pci card (HD-Audio Generic) that uses Creative CA0110-IBG.
Under alsamixer / Capture, there used to be two adjustments / sliders.
The first was for "mic" and controlled the volume.
I don't remember what the second was called, but it was very useful.
It's default setting was "0." But recording worked ideally if it was to one notch above "mic."
I used to set them at 45/46 respectively.

Anyway, this handy adjustment / slider vanished a couple of weeks ago, and I was wondering where it went?
Now I only see one slider, for "mic" and the performance of my microphone isn't as good, and I have to turn it up louder.