[alsa-devel] ASoC updates for 2.6.32

Marek Vasut marek.vasut at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 02:29:40 CEST 2009

Dne Po 24. srpna 2009 09:37:16 Takashi Iwai napsal(a):
> At Sun, 23 Aug 2009 18:38:28 +0100,
>
> Mark Brown wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 07:06:17PM +0200, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> > > Hm, this causes merge errors regarding wm97xx battery driver.
> >
> > Causes merge errors with which tree?  It's a straight fast forward
> > aginst topic/asoc.
>
> Merging your changes into topic/asoc, then merging into master or
> for-next.  So, it seems conflicting with the latest upstream.

Those patches were made against sound-2.6 from Mark ... I assume some
additional stuff was pushed into the kernel after Mark updated his tree.

> > > Also, when I merge with 2.6.31-rc7, it gives more merge errors in
> > > arch code.
> > >
> > > Do they depend on other tree changes like linux-arm?
> >
> > I suspect they're at most only textual.  In any case, this is all
> > causing far too much trouble so I've just dropped all of the patches
> > that are causing issues.
> >
> > Marek, I suggest that you submit the patch to use IRQs against the power
> > tree.

Where would this one be ?
> > I also suggest that you submit a version of the battery platform
> > data changes against the power tree which avoids making the platforms
> > instabuggy then when that's applied submit changes to Eric to use the
> > new platform data, making it clear that the machine changes will need to
> > wait for both power and ALSA trees to be merged during the merge window.
> > This is the approach that's been suggested previously - it makes life
> > much easier if changes go through the relevant trees.

If those changes go through one tree, it'll make them consistent and avoid
breakage (because if some of those changes go through the power tree, some
through Erics tree ... all of those trees would be broken for some time).

> > The following changes since commit
> > a0a499c5792b8656cd51e11d5e0db9fb21640f58: Eduardo Valentin (1):
> >         ASoC: OMAP: Use DMA operating mode of McBSP
> >
> > are available in the git repository at:
> >
> >   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/broonie/sound-2.6.git
> > for-2.6.32
>
> Thanks, pulled now.
>

> Takashi

I rebased those patches against your tree -- sound-2.6/master -- and attached
is the patch that had problems with merging (fixed version). The other patches
apply fine.