[alsa-devel] Targeting a stream with a the device

Singaravelan Nallasellan singaravelann at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 21 14:29:16 CEST 2009

I write a sound card driver which supports multiple streams and each stream should go to a specific device. I have written the driver to accept multiple playback streams and an application to create multiple playback streams as well.

Now, I am not able to find a way to send the device type to the driver from my application. I want to attach the device type to the stream. Could anybody help me?

I am thinking of using sysfs entries for send and receive the stream specific information? Is it acceptable to ALSA community?