[alsa-devel] unable to do simultaneous playback and recording

prashant chopade prashantchopade at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 18 14:05:10 CEST 2009

Hello,

We using linux-2.6.27 on target board-AT91SAM9263EK.
 We are using ALSA library utilities (aplay &
arecord). But by using these utilities we can’t do simultaneous playback and
recording.

We performed following activity to come to this conclusion:

//At the background we were recording

#arecord –f cd record_test_file &

//At the forefront we were playing pre-recorded audio file

#aplay –f cd pre_recorded_file

Our observation is that, recording stops when start playing
file.

Kindly need your guidance for simultaneous playback and
recording of an audio file.

Appreciates your help if you provide sample test programs (using ALSA API) for recording.

Thanks & Regards,

Prashant C.

      Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more. Click here http://cricket.yahoo.com