[alsa-devel] How to use hda-verb to detect
ozan at pardus.org.tr
Mon Aug 17 14:34:18 CEST 2009
Takashi Iwai wrote On 17-08-2009 12:50:
> At Mon, 17 Aug 2009 12:41:39 +0300,
> Ozan Çağlayan wrote:
>> Takashi Iwai wrote On 17-08-2009 12:34:
>>> For SET_UNSOLICITED_ENABLE verb, you need to a value (TAG | AC_USRSP_EN).
>>> in the case of above, suppose the tag to be 0x0c, pass 0x8c.
>> Okay I've got the mechanism, thanks.
>> How can I help for fixing HP automuting? setting UNSOLICITED_ENABLE
>> didn't help at all.
> The first thing is to identify which pin corresponds to which
> headphone. I guess each HP jack correspond to an individual pin like
> Dell machines.
> Then you can give the correct pin cfg via sysfs or a setup file
> via "patch" module option.
Seen that I'm not able to find out the matching between pins and jacks
(decided to read the last chapter of HDA spec), I continued to play.
With hp-dv5 I have to following situation:
- Both HP jacks are producing sound but no automuting,
- Internal speaker can be controlled and muted using 'Speaker' mixer
- HP jacks can be controlled and muted using 'Front' mixer control.
Then I tried model=dell-m4-1 :
- Both HP jacks are producing sound, automuting works,
- Internal speaker can be controlled and muted using 'Front' mixer control,
- HP jacks can be controlled and muted using 'Front' mixer control,
- 'Speaker' control is replaced by 'Headphone' control which is useless,
I took a diff of codec-files in both situations and found out the following:
Analog Loopback: 0x00
Node 0x0a [Pin Complex] wcaps 0x400181: Stereo
Pincap 0x0000001c: OUT HP Detect
- Pin Default 0x0421101f: [Jack] HP Out at Ext Right
- Conn = 1/8, Color = Black
- DefAssociation = 0x1, Sequence = 0xf
+ Pin Default 0x40f100f0: [N/A] Other at Ext N/A
+ Conn = 1/8, Color = Unknown
+ DefAssociation = 0xf, Sequence = 0x0
Unsolicited: tag=01, enabled=1
I set 0x0a to 0x421101f in user_init_verbs and yes Speaker control
disappears, a useless HP control appears, automuting works. I'm
attaching the complete diff from dell-m4-1 to hp-dv5 model.
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
More information about the Alsa-devel