[alsa-devel] [RFC] Break up the patch_sigmatel.c

Maxim Levitsky maximlevitsky at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 22:35:45 CEST 2009

Hi folks,

I own an stac9227 and with latest kernel, it doesn't output any sound
via front headphones. (this a is desktop)

I don't want to bother you with details, etc, I will fix that myself. I
have good knowledge of the device.

However, the mess that is patch_sigmatel.c seems to be doubled.
its huge file, and there are loads on new codecs added.

I have a suggestion, to break it up into smaller files.
I especially want to move all 'data' from it to header file, and sort it
by model.

Maybe move pin configs to separate file.
Also I know that stac9200 is quite old, and uses many different support
functions. I could move these in another file as well.

In other words, I want to break it up into several (5 maybe) files,
while not touching the code itself (I so that later maybe)

Since it is quite dirty and hard work, I want to ask if you agree.

Btw, half of static data can be retrieved from codec by querying it
(like dac,adc,pin node ids)

Best regards,
	Maxim Levitsky