[alsa-devel] ASoC: at91sam9260-PCM1808/TAS5709-based board driver

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Wed Aug 12 00:41:32 CEST 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 02:41:57PM -0400, Pedro I. Sanchez wrote:

> 1. How do I specify in the machine driver that my pcm1808 is hardwired
> to slave mode and that I need bit/frame clocks to be provided by the SSC
> interface?

Configure the SSC driver so that the CPU is in master mode (CBS_CFS).

> 2. How do I set the SSC's clock divider to provide the right clock signals?

Older versions of the sam9g20 driver ran the SSC in master mode, that
might be useful to refer to.  There's normally a clocking diagram in the
manual for the SoC showing the clocking structure with all the dividers
you can configure.