[alsa-devel] ALSA -LADSPA buffer

arif setiawan n.arif.setiawan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 11:48:10 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I have some questions about ALSA - LADSPA data exchange in ALSA plugin. As I
understand it, LADSPA only use 32 bit floating point, while ALSA can use
many types of buffer, S8, S16_LE and so on. My question is how this buffer
converted?

As I work with OMAP processor I want to use DSP for signal processing. We
want the LADSPA plugin connect to the DSP and get plugin advantage. But DSP
only work on fixed point arithmatic, so we need to convert the 32 bit float
in LADSPA to an integer type buffer. I think I can achieve it by following
ALSA-LADSPA buffer conversion. How I can do this?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Arif