[alsa-devel] omap34xx mixer elements

Peter Ujfalusi peter.ujfalusi at nokia.com
Mon Aug 3 11:03:31 CEST 2009

On Monday 27 July 2009 17:42:51 ext Venkam Bala krishna wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> I am newbie to alsa
> Currently working on porting android to omap34xx
>
> Right now porting alsa.
>
> This is a general question.
>
> Please check the below log and specify any suggestions,  why is it not
> listing any  of my capture devices.
> What should be done to recognise my capture devices?

to list the capture devices:
arecord -l

> Do i have to do it in kernel level or user level?(since my amixer is
> listing all my elements, given below the log is my amixer output for
> verification).

The mixer controls on the twl4030 codec, which relates to the capture are:

> ===========================
>
> amixer output
>
> =================
> numid=18,iface=MIXER,name='Analog Capture Volume'
> numid=23,iface=MIXER,name='Analog Left Capture Route'
> numid=22,iface=MIXER,name='Analog Right Capture Route'

Note, that the 'Analog Left Capture Route' 'Analog Right Capture Route' has
been changed since from mux to mix.

> numid=25,iface=MIXER,name='TX1 Capture Route'
> numid=16,iface=MIXER,name='TX1 Digital Capture Volume'
> numid=24,iface=MIXER,name='TX2 Capture Route'
> numid=17,iface=MIXER,name='TX2 Digital Capture Volume'

In order to make the capture working you need to configure the capture routing
correctly. This is board dependent. Check the HW documentation for which input
are in use and configure the codec accordingly.

--
Péter