[alsa-devel] module snd-atiixp issue with suspend/hibernate/resume

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Thu Apr 30 07:53:43 CEST 2009

At Thu, 30 Apr 2009 00:43:02 -0400,
Ryan Dunn wrote:

> Thanks Lee,
>
> I grabbed the kernel source from the repos and started perusing the code.  It
> looks like when the module is installed, the call chain starts in atiixp.c and
> moves into ac97/ac97_codec.c via a call to snd_ac97_tune_hardware() which
> ultimately twiddles a bit in the AC97_POWERDOWN register.  I'm not sure yet if
> the suspend method properly saves this register on suspend or not;

It should.  snd_ac97_resume() writes the cached value.
Check /proc/asound/card0/codec97#0/ac97#*+regs files before and after
suspend.  You can change the codec register value directly via proc
file, e.g.
    # echo 0x12 0x1234 > /proc/asound/card0/codec97#0/ac97#0-0+regs
(only when you build with the debug option).

The bit 0x8000 of the power-down register should correspond to LED.

Takashi