[alsa-devel] Driver code with mpc5200 pointer problem.

Jaroslav Kysela perex at perex.cz
Sun Apr 26 18:43:17 CEST 2009

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009, Jon Smirl wrote:

> Here's the code computing the mpc5200 dma pointer. Could you please
> take a look at it and let me know what it is doing wrong.

I think that the culprit of your problems is that your code expects that
buffer_size / period_size is an integer value (whole period is placed
inside ring buffer). But if you do not instruct the high level code of
ALSA in open() callback by calling snd_pcm_hw_constraint_integer(runtime,
SNDRV_PCM_HW_PARAM_PERIODS) to do so - see other drivers - then period
might be also placed across the buffer_size boundary - which appearently
makes your current problems.

I think that bcom_submit_next_buffer() expects continuous memory (thus
whole period), right?

 						Jaroslav

-----
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at perex.cz>