[alsa-devel] trouble with alsa, wolfson, and TI OMAP35xx McBSP

Peter Ujfalusi peter.ujfalusi at nokia.com
Thu Apr 23 11:20:14 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 22 April 2009 20:58:01 ext twebb wrote:
> Problem 2:
> Test tone is being presented by the user application, providing a 1Khz
> tone sampled at 44.1Khz. The data are S16_LE, right channel only. Left
> channel is quiet. The data seems to slip back and forth from left to
> right channel. This is reproducable and verified with a scope trace.
>
> Anybody have any ideas what might be going wrong here?  Traces for
> codec reg dump and mcbsp are attached.

As Jarkko already asked: are you seeing the channel switch while running or is
it happens on playback start?

AFAIK this phenomena can be also seen on Beagle board.

I have done some investigation regarding to these, but so far I can not say
that I know what causes it.

BTW: these are separate issues (startup switch and runtime switch).

--
Péter