[alsa-devel] [2.6.30-rc2][PATCH 1/2] ASoC: OMAP: Fix DSP_B format in OMAP McBSP DAI driver
troy.kisky at boundarydevices.com
Thu Apr 16 23:35:20 CEST 2009
Arun KS wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Peter Ujfalusi
> <peter.ujfalusi at nokia.com> wrote:
>> On Thursday 16 April 2009 14:20:36 ext Arun KS wrote:
>>> Hi Guys,
>>> I had done some mistake while applying the Jarkko's patch previously.
>>> Now its working fine.
>>> Sorry for the confusion caused.
>> I have digged out an old omap1510 TRM to see what is going on...
>> Still, while you have the setup, can you give my two patch a try on OMAP1 to
>> see if it is working correctly?
> Your patches are working.
> I tested for DSP_A and DSP_B. Both works fine on osk5912 board.
> But when I2S is used there is no audio on Right channel(left channel
> is working fine).
> Thinks something is missing on tlv320aic23 driver.
This sounds like the same problem Davinci has. From a comment in davinci-i2s.c
/* Davinci doesn't support TRUE I2S, but some codecs will have
* the left and right channels contiguous. This allows
* dsp_a mode to be used with an inverted normal frame clk.
* If your codec is master and does not have contiguous
* channels, then you will have sound on only one channel.
* Try using a different mode, or codec as slave.
* The TLV320AIC33 is an example of a codec where this works.
* It has a variable bit clock frequency allowing it to have
* valid data on every bit clock.
* The TLV320AIC23 is an example of a codec where this does not
* work. It has a fixed bit clock frequency with progressively
* more empty bit clock slots between channels as the sample
* rate is lowered.
More information about the Alsa-devel