[alsa-devel] SALSA library and recording

reetesh chandran reeteshchandran at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 15 20:40:51 CEST 2009

Hi Manisha,

Sorry this is not a response which will help you.

I am facing similar issue. I am using SALSA and I am trying to record from a USB headset. The USB headset does have a mixer elem "Mic". But when I use snd_mixer_selem_get_capture_dB_range() or snd_mixer_selem_get_capture_volume_range() I just get zeroes.

I did not do any set() functions like snd_mixer_selem_set_capture_switch_all(). Do I need to do that ? What is your source of info about how to set up the mixer for capture ?

Thanks in advance
Reetesh