[alsa-devel] Ubuntu sound problem - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1073090 - HP DV4 1228ca

jesse fillion jessefillion24 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 15 16:03:46 CEST 2009

I was finally able to compile the the latest snapshot that was recommended here without getting any errors. Not only do I have audio from my speakers, but the audio slider works perfectly and the mute button mutes/unmutes and changes color perfectly.

You can't believe how excited I was when I rebooted and heard the ubuntu start up sound.

I can't thank you all enough. Thank you very much for all of your suggestions. I am truly grateful.

> Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 20:29:57 -0700
> From: crimsunkg at yahoo.com
> Subject: Re: [alsa-devel] Ubuntu sound problem - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1073090
> To: jessefillion24 at hotmail.com
> CC: alsa-devel at alsa-project.org
> --- On Mon, 4/13/09, jesse fillion <jessefillion24 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I have attached my alsa-info output.
> You should try the latest alsa-driver snapshot (http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/snapshot/alsa-driver-snapshot.tar.bz2), which contains quite a few fixes.

Experience all of the new features, and Reconnect with your life.