[alsa-devel] iMac 9,1 sound patch

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue Apr 14 15:20:35 CEST 2009

At Thu, 2 Apr 2009 13:30:42 -0400,
Micah Bucy wrote:

> I tried a git snapshot, but it wasn't working at all, so this patch was
> developed against the 1.0.19 stable release.
>
> This is my first time delving into alsa, so I'm not sure if everything is
> how it should be, including if the patch was correctly created.  I can tell
> you this.  I was able to get jack detection working correctly as long as the
> 6 channel option is set.  I had tried modifying it to only allow a 6ch
> option as 2ch is for line-out (headphones) only, but the internal speakers
> wouldn't work, so I left it alone.  My guess is, this same setup could be
> used by the macbook pro 5,1  I'll give it a try over the weekend.  I have
> not tested the built-in mic or the line-in.

Thanks for the patch.

Unfortunately the patch isn't applied cleanly to the latest tree.
Could you rebase your patch against the latest alsa-driver snapshot
below?
    ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tiwai/snapshot/alsa-driver-snapshot.tar.gz

The changes in the patch look almost fine.  But, it'd be nicer if you
can fix minor coding-style issues detected by checkpatch.pl script
before the next submission.

Also, please give your sign-off with the patch.  Otherwise it can't be
merged to the upstream tree.  About sign-off, see
Documentation/SubmittingPatches in linux kernel tree.

thanks,