[alsa-devel] Question about pxa2xx-ac97-lib.c

Mark Brown broonie at sirena.org.uk
Sun Apr 12 18:53:35 CEST 2009

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 06:36:49PM +0200, Robert Jarzmik wrote:

> I originaly thought we would change pxa_set_ac97_info(), to add a parameter
> which will be the platform data for the gpio.

Yes, this is the approach that should be adopted.  The platform data
should not change per board.

> IOW, have something like :
> void __init pxa_set_ac97_info(struct pxa2xx_ac97_platform_data *pdata)
> {
>         pxa_register_device(&pxa_device_ac97, ops);
> }

Note that we already have platform data for the PXA AC97 devices.

> The trouble is, I saw references to the platform data as pxa2xx_audio_ops_t*,
> mostly to suspend and resume a card. I've seen them in pxa2xx_ac97_do_suspend(),
> pxa2xx_ac97_do_resume().

> Mark, could you please have a glance at it, and tell us the right approach to
> have the struct pxa2xx_ac97_platform_data passed to pxa2xx-ac97 please ?

Those are platform data, currently the only mainline use I'm aware of is
for mainstone - it's been present since before the pxa2xx-ac97-lib was
introduced.

Looking at the code it appears we've broken mainstone, though
unfortunately my mainstone has some independant problem with resume so I
can't test but I'll make a patch merging the two structures on Monday.