[alsa-devel] Alsa driver issue with udev events

reeteshchandran at yahoo.com reeteshchandran at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 8 23:48:53 CEST 2009

Hello all,

I am using Alsa driver 1.0.12RC1 on ARM platform. I have a volume control application using SALSA (small alsa) running. The app has the control device open (/dev/snd/controlC0). I have another application listening to udev events, something like udev monitor. The device in description is USB headset.

The problem is when I unplug the device. When I unplug, I am not getting all udev remove events. I get only 3 remove events from /class/sound/mixer, /class/sound/dsp and /class/sound/audio. But I dont get the remove events for the USB device layer. As a result I am not able to detect that the device has been removed.

This problem exists only if the app has the control device open. I closed the control device and I get all unplug events correctly.

Has anyone else seen this problem ? Any pointers as to where to start looking ?

Thanks and regards,
Reetesh