[alsa-devel] no sound with the new imac

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Wed Apr 8 16:40:26 CEST 2009

Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> Takashi, what's the appropriate list for ALSA-related things?

alsa-devel (Takashi is on vacation until after the Easter weekend).

> On Wednesday 08 April 2009, Justin Mattock wrote:
> > Can somebody point me in the right direction
> > to creating the correct pin numbers etc...
> > for the new imac so I can have sound.

What kernel version are you using?  Are there any messages in the
system log when you load the snd-hda-intel driver?  What model do you
mean with "the new imac"?  What are the contents of
/proc/asound/card0/codec#0?

Best regards,
Clemens