[alsa-devel] Help for writting an ASoC driver

Ernesto Torres skullmate at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 19:18:25 CEST 2009

Hi, i'm new to alsa and i would like some advice on where to get information
about writing an ASoC driver it would be for the beagle board, since is the
board i have available. I have already made some progress initializing and
don't know.
I still don't know the exact way for playing via pcm with aplay or the order
of the callbacks. I have checked the web for info but not much about ASoC,
just the documentation with the linux kernel.

My driver actually tries to play with aplay, but gets stuck in : omap-pcm.c:
omap_pcm_pointer
It just won't send the frames.

Thank you for your help.

- Ernesto