[alsa-devel] ASoC: Correct DSP/TDM mode (for twl4030 4 channel mode)

Peter Ujfalusi peter.ujfalusi at nokia.com
Mon Apr 6 08:57:43 CEST 2009

I have now the implementation for the 4 channel support on the twl4030 codec
driver (and also for the omap-mcbsp). It does work nicely, but I'm not sure
what Interface format (DSP_A or DSP_B or TDM?) should I use for it.

Can someone help me out on this one?

The TPS65950 TRM is publicly available, which has exactly the same audio
Page 712 (TDM mode, Sample length 16 bits; Word length 16 bits)

My bet goes to SND_SOC_DAIFMT_DSP_A, but I'm not 100% sure about it.

Thank you,