[alsa-devel] hda-intel channels hibernate bug

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Sun Apr 5 10:55:30 CEST 2009

Hi,

On my macbook 5,1 I need to use model=mbp3, as you may still remember. I
also need to set channels to 6 to hear anything at all, probably due to
the codec mismatch -- it's not really an mbp3 so that only works 80%,
but I haven't gotten around to writing a better codec description.

However, when I hibernate with channels set to 6, I always need to reset
the channels to 6 again after resume to hear anything -- it seems the
channels control isn't reset to the hardware at resume time. I suppose
this bugs affects any users of this codec, regardless of whether it is
actually right or wrong.

johannes

PS: I wanted to file a bug on the alsa bugtracker but mantisbt decided I
had not entered all fields correctly and didn't give me an option to
edit, so I had to reenter, which frustrated me enough to give up on
mantis.