[alsa-devel] iMac 9,1 sound patch

Micah Bucy micah.bucy at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 19:30:42 CEST 2009

I tried a git snapshot, but it wasn't working at all, so this patch was
developed against the 1.0.19 stable release.

This is my first time delving into alsa, so I'm not sure if everything is
how it should be, including if the patch was correctly created.  I can tell
you this.  I was able to get jack detection working correctly as long as the
6 channel option is set.  I had tried modifying it to only allow a 6ch
option as 2ch is for line-out (headphones) only, but the internal speakers
wouldn't work, so I left it alone.  My guess is, this same setup could be
used by the macbook pro 5,1  I'll give it a try over the weekend.  I have
not tested the built-in mic or the line-in.

-Micah