[alsa-devel] Driver: EMU USB 0404 driver development

Klaus Schulz kls.schlz at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 26 15:44:29 CEST 2008

Yep.  But rather by coincidence ( at least a quirk to recognize the card and
a small routine (usbaudio.c) to handle the samples properly has been
implemented).

First you need to upgrade the  firmware via Windows - which is a must. After
that the card defaults to 44,1/16 after power up.
This is the reason why 44.1/16 playback works.

What's missing, is the complete control of the card modes, register settings
etc.

If the registers are known, which I assume, according to EMU statement, it
shouldn't be a big deal to get it working.

Now it would be interesting to know who sits on these information. I'd be
happy to get in touch with him to support the design process.

Cheers