[alsa-devel] ALSA:ATMEL: common arch for audio via ssc(patch 3/3: adding directories)

Sedji Gaouaou sedji.gaouaou at atmel.com
Fri Sep 26 14:57:22 CEST 2008

Hi Mark,
Mark Brown a écrit :
> On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 11:24:10AM +0200, Sedji Gaouaou wrote:
>> This last patch contains the board specific files.
>> I have not changed playpaq_wm8510.c, and I did few changes on
>> eti_b1_wm8731.c.
>
> It'd be better to submit this as two separate patches, one making the
> modifications to eti_b1_wm8731.c and another doing the simple code move
> (in either order).  This would make it easier to review the changes -
> due to the file move they're not really visible in the current patch.
>
> It'd also be good to see acks from Frank and Geoffrey since I can't test
> any of this.
>
> Thanks for doing this work - it looks good, unifying the support for the
> AT91 and AVR32 platforms is a substantial win and it's good to see Atmel
> contributing this support.

Unfortunately I can't test this code on eti nor avr boards since we
don't have any here. So any test would be much appreciated indeed.

Furthermore I didn't change the i2c initialization since I don't know
what is the status of the patch(I tried this one:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=be99827ea333eb15560a8b52ba57a2dce1bdfbb8
but I not sure whether it is complete or not?

I have send a first patch which is removing the two directories(at91 and
at32), but I am not sure it is the proper way to do it.(it seems that it
is blocked by the moderator).

I will work on your comments and I will send another patch.

Regards,
Sedji