[alsa-devel] Some idea about usb audio gadget driver.
cooloney at kernel.org
Tue Sep 23 11:50:33 CEST 2008
Hi ALSA and USB folks,
I plan to develop a usb audio gadget driver on Blackfin platform (can
be shared for other embedded system).
- A new usb gadget driver which recognized by Linux/Windows PC as an
USB audio card.
- There is an ALSA sound card on the same embedded device.
- The usb gadget driver receives audio data from host and send them
to ALSA sound card to playback
- The usb gadget driver send the audio data recorded by ALSA sound
card to host as recording.
- The usb gadget driver response to some audio card control command
such as volume/mute control
- Is there any similar things on this planet?
- How about gmidi usb midi gadget driver?
- How can I open/playback/record/close a ALSA sound card in kernel
space not using alsalib in user space?
Thanks a lot
More information about the Alsa-devel