[alsa-devel] bug in snd_device_name_hint

Andreas Messer andi at bupfen.de
Wed Sep 10 21:16:21 CEST 2008

Hello,

at first I'm sorry for not using the bug-tracking system to report this
bug. But I'm not going to create one account for each os-project only to
submit a bug report.
While playing arround with mumble, I discovered a bug in the alsa
library (1.0.17a) function 'snd_device_name_hint': Calling this function
leads to a partial destroyed snd_config for my configuration. In my
case, after calling this function, an open request for certain pcm
devices fails. If you need detailed information, feel free to contact me
using my email adress. (I'm not subscribing the mailing list!)

I omitted my config here, to keep this mail short...

greetings
Andreas