[alsa-devel] wm8731 capture -dapm failure

Alan Horstmann gineera at aspect135.co.uk
Tue Sep 9 17:42:14 CEST 2008

I've started a new thread to avoid confusion, and copied bits here:

On Monday 08 September 2008 21:51, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 09:27:13PM +0100, Alan Horstmann wrote:
> > With just this one change we have been successful in running the codec
> > over spi.  At present we do have an issue with dapm during capture
> > -nothing is being turned on!  Any pointers would be appreciated.
>
> If you define DEBUG when building soc-dapm.c (a define at the top of the
> source file will do the trick) then it will be very verbose about the
> decisions it's making - that will normally point out the problem.
> Probably either one of the input controls is not configured to make a
> path from the input pins to the ADC or the input has been mistakenly
> marked as disabled.

That gets us lots of info to digest, and it does look like there are no dapm
capture paths -listing below.  What we cannot fathom is why!

Can users of wm8731 confirm successful capture with dapm on any platform?  It
is not clear at this stage whether we are looking for a problem on our
platform, or a general bug in the driver dapm code.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Alan

widget ADC
 HiFi Capture stream Capture event 1