[alsa-devel] Clearification needed about structure _snd_pcm

William Estrada MrUmunhum at popdial.com
Sat Sep 6 22:05:34 CEST 2008

Hi group,

  I have found the documentation about ALSA very confusing. Where can I
find the definitions
about the fields in the structure_snd_pcm? Specifically Buffer, Rate,
Period, Buffer Size,
Period size, etc. Basically all of these:
> Device: 8c297b8
> PCM Device name = 'default'         PCM state         = RUNNING
> access type     = MMAP_NONINTERLEAV format            = 'U8' (Unsigned
> 8 bit)
> subformat       = 'STD' (Standard)  channels          = 1
> rate            = 8000 bps          period time       = 10000 us
> period size     = 80 frame          buffer time       = 0 us
> buffer size     = 65536 frames      periods/buffer    = 0 frames
> exact rate      = 8000/1 bps        significant bits  = 8000
> is batch        = 0                 is block transfer = 1
> is double       = 0                 is half duplex    = 0
> is joint duplex = 0                 can overrange     = 0
> can mmap        = 1                 can pause         = 0
> can resume      = 1                 can sync start    = 1
  My program is not honoring the 'packet size'.

--
William Estrada
MrUmunhum at popdial.com
Mt-Umunhum-Wireless.net ( http://Mt-Umunhum-Wireless.net )