[alsa-devel] noise and consume pcm faster

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Wed Sep 3 15:20:40 CEST 2008

At Tue, 2 Sep 2008 17:40:01 +0800,
Nie Jun wrote:

> In addition, OSS API emulated by ALSA has not this issue.

If so, the possible reason is the mismatch of the PCM parameters.
For example, unless specified, the driver allows unaligned size of
periods in a buffer, i.e. the number of periods in a buffer doesn't
have to be an interger.  Such a constraint can be put additionally in
the driver code if needed.

Check /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/* files during playbacks on both
ALSA and OSS apps and compare the parameters there.

Takashi