[alsa-devel] CORRECTION (get rid of controls with snd_ctl_remove )

Harald Radke harryrat at postnuklear.de
Tue Sep 2 10:02:13 CEST 2008

Am Montag 01 September 2008 13:51:10 schrieb Liam Girdwood:
> On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 13:09 +0200, Harald Radke wrote:
> > Ok, I just checked my source and  realized I messed things up...
> >
> > deactivating AND activating work, the control is not accessible via
> > mixer, however sound paths the control is related to still are functional
>
> That's good to hear that things are working. The sound paths that are
> related to disabled controls may still need to be functional depending
> on the audio use case.

Well, actually that is exactly what I need, so this wasn't a complain (: as I
e.g. want to deactivate all mixer device settings in mixer utils, however, set
the mixer DAC input correctly. If deactivated controls were breaking
soundpaths, I had to "rewire" them...

Hm, a great thing would be to have something like "codec_instanciate()" where
u could select a codec device and an array with control names and values for
items to be deactivated and get the "modified" codec...but I guess that would
be ways to high level for the sound driver structure (;

Greez,

Harry

PS: keep up ur great work folks and thank you!