[alsa-devel] Using GDB for ALSA How to?

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Tue Sep 2 09:08:36 CEST 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-01 23:13:26 +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw <jbglaw at lug-owl.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-09-01 13:33:28 -0700, William Estrada <MrUmunhum at popdial.com> wrote:
> > Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:

So... Looking at it, snd_pcm_t is willfully specified as a hidden
struct, the real definition is only used where *really* needed, that
is: inside libasound2. It's in pcm_local.h, to not allow an arbitrary
user to easily fiddle with the lib's internal state.

As you want to peek into it, I guess you're facing a problem
somewhere. It would probably help if you describe your actual problem.

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw at lug-owl.de              +49-172-7608481
Signature of:               The real problem with C++ for kernel modules is: