[alsa-devel] ASoC: pxa2xx-ssp

Mark Brown broonie at sirena.org.uk
Thu Oct 30 13:06:34 CET 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 09:40:17AM -0200, Daniel Ribeiro wrote:

> 	Here are my test results for stereo S16_LE audio:

> 	set_tdm_slot(cpu_dai, 1, 2), SSCR0_Datasize(16):
> 	Only left channel works.

> 	set_tdm_slot(cpu_dai, 2, 2), SSCR0_Datasize(16):
> 	No I/O.

Could you expand on what you mean by "No I/O" here - do you get silent
output or does DMA not work either?

> 	set_tdm_slot(cpu_dai, 3, 2), SSCR0_Datasize(16):
> 	Only left channel works.

> 	set_tdm_slot(cpu_dai, 1, 1), SSCR0_Datasize(16) | SSCR0_EDSS:
> 	Both channels work.

Just a thought, but you should also be able to get things working by
adding a constraint on the format in your machine driver to force use of
32 bit - see things like the WM8903 driver for examples of how to this.
Ideally that shouldn't be required, though.

> 	On my board CLK and FRM are driven by the codec, pxa is slave. I have
> no specs for the codec, only a 2.4 kernel driver that works with
> (SSCR0_Datasize(16) | SSCR0_EDSS | SSCR0_SlotsPerFrm(1)).

Which codec is this?  Could you post the driver?

BTW, your mail client is doing some really strange indentation here
and indenting the first line of each paragraph by a tab which looks like
how some other clients do quotation.