[alsa-devel] Problem setting mixer switch with amixer/alsactl.

Mark Brown broonie at sirena.org.uk
Wed Oct 29 17:04:51 CET 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 09:51:02PM +0000, Oliver Ford wrote:

> Does that give you any ideas of what happening on my system?

OK, I see what the problem is now.  The conversion to allow larger than
8 bits missed some things, causing the power control to look at
unrelated bits in the register when determining if the path is active.
I won't be able to fix it today since I have to go and get my eyes
examined (no wonder it took me so long to spot this!) but I expect I'll
have a patch tomorrow.