[alsa-devel] Backported sbxfi driver, possible fix

The Source thesourcehim at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 10:17:43 CET 2008

>>> http://tmp.olausson.de/30days/0_16_s_11025.wav
>>> http://tmp.olausson.de/30days/0_16_s_96000.wav
>>>
>>> Just using "aplay file.wav"
>>>
>>> More noticable ist it when using mplayer. Crackles a lot with 8000Hz and 11025Hz
>>> "mplayer file.wav"
>>>
>>> mmh, xine crackles too. Please someone confirm, otherwise the files may be bad.

>>> No pulseaudio on my machine. Sry.

>>> Just observed a X crash when using smplayer to play a avi. When I
>>> closed smplayer while the movie was playing X crashed. (But could be
>>> unrelated to audio, I could not reproduce it)
>>>
>>> But no crash or freez so far.

>>> I am using vanilla 2.6.27.3
>>>
>>> Thanks for you awesome work!
>>>
>>> By the way, what's next on your plan when stereo output and recording
>>> is working flawless?
>>>

>>> kind regards
>>> Bjoern
>>>

>> Tried the latest driver.
>> All is fine (haven't tested recording however) except pulseaudio
>> (doesn't work) and wine (sound is mega-glitchy, possibly because of
>> strange period and buffer sizes it uses: period=544, buffer=8704).
>>

> Maybe due to the sample rate?  I guess with 48kHz it would be a more
> sane period/buffer size.
>

> thanks,
>
> Takashi

--With that option pulseaudio works better (still some glitches, but --very
--small). But wine still corrupts sound.

Hmmm....after sound got currupted, I started playing a file with xmms.
Sound was horrible, but I couldn't get hw_params, because the contents
of that file are 'closed'! How can this be if xmms uses alsa at that time??