[alsa-devel] Backported sbxfi driver. Pulse works!

Jason Harvey softdevice at jasonline.co.uk
Sun Oct 26 09:45:15 CET 2008

Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Sat, 25 Oct 2008 21:40:40 +0100,
> Jason Harvey wrote:
>
>> Latest unstable (25Oct 19:57) works from command line with mplayer,
>> without the proc oss fix.
>> aplay still works but only with dmix.
>>

> Do you have no sound quality problem with dmix like other people?

No dmix trouble when I run "aplay -Dplug:dmix:0 wn.wav" produces perfect
sound. Wav is three minutes long and it was 100% ok throughout.

>> Now also almost working in gnome with pulse, sound is recognisable but
>> with lots of interference/corruption.
>>

> What about base_rate=48000 option?

Genius! It is now working through pulse PERFECTLY.
Have two instances of mplayer playing right this second.
Can hear both tracks playing without any trouble.

I just edited one line in /etc/pulse/daemon.conf not sure it is the
option you were talking about above but it works for me!

Will put the card into my 64bit main machine in a minute and try it there :)

Jason