[alsa-devel] 2.6.26.[6|7] vs. rt11 vs. alsa (usb) midi

Sun Oct 26 03:46:27 CET 2008

Hi... anyone out there also having problem with this combination?
   2.6.26.7 or 2.6.26.6 with 2.6.26.6-rt11 and alsa MIDI
It looks to me like alsa midi is broken.

Probably an interaction with the realtime kernel patch. A Fedora kernel
based on 2.6.26.6 (2.6.26.6-49 on fc8) works fine, a very similarly
patched kernel that includes the realtime patch does not. The
configurations for both are almost the same (today I tried to change
some of the most obvious differences and rebuild, with the same
result).

No problems with 2.6.24.7-rt21.

Test: boot, login, plugin an external usb keyboard (Yamaha P250), it is
recognized, use qjackctl alsa patchbay to connect it to kmidimon,
kmidimon sees only _one_ midi message and that's it. Kmidimon can't be
killed after that.

-- Fernando