[alsa-devel] 2.6.26.[6|7] vs. rt11 vs. alsa (usb) midi

Sun Oct 26 03:46:27 CET 2008

Hi... anyone out there also having problem with this combination? or with and alsa MIDI
It looks to me like alsa midi is broken.

Probably an interaction with the realtime kernel patch. A Fedora kernel
based on ( on fc8) works fine, a very similarly
patched kernel that includes the realtime patch does not. The
configurations for both are almost the same (today I tried to change
some of the most obvious differences and rebuild, with the same

No problems with

Test: boot, login, plugin an external usb keyboard (Yamaha P250), it is
recognized, use qjackctl alsa patchbay to connect it to kmidimon,
kmidimon sees only _one_ midi message and that's it. Kmidimon can't be
killed after that.

-- Fernando