[alsa-devel] volume scaling of usb audio class headset

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Sat Oct 25 17:47:44 CEST 2008

Sean McNamara wrote:
> I've had success with Plantronics headsets. In particular, the
> Plantronics DSP-500 works well. I've tested it with numerous ALSA
> releases, from 1.0.14 - 1.0.17 and some post-1.0.17 GIT builds. I've
> never had a mixer problem with it.
>
> This is just *me* speaking, of course, not alsa-project... any implied
> endorsement is my personal one alone ;-)
>
> Sean

Thank you for you comments, anybody else got experiences with other usb
headsets?

Hmmm, I got some Plantronics USB .Audio 510 Headsets and they are kind
of bad. They have wrong dB initialization, incorrect bandwidth
allocation when connected to usb hubs but this can also be an kernel
usb-audio and/or usbcore bug. And are build out of 3 usb interfaces, 2x
usb audio and one hid device (speakers, mic, and not functional uinput
keypad)

I think I will see if I can get my hands on some Plantronics or Logitech
usb headset.

Kind regards,

Jelle