[alsa-devel] Problem setting mixer switch with amixer/alsactl.

Robert Jarzmik robert.jarzmik at free.fr
Fri Oct 24 21:09:33 CEST 2008

Mark Brown <broonie at sirena.org.uk> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 07:45:20PM +0200, Robert Jarzmik wrote:
>> Mark Brown <broonie at sirena.org.uk> writes:
> All this patch does is change the limit, there is still a limit on the
> length of control names in ALSA but as I say it's purely a cosmetic issue.

I don't quite agree on the "cosmetic".

If I recall correctly, that name is used in dapm path setup. If the name is
incorrect (truncated), some dapm elements are not switched on. I'm speaking from
memory, I'll try to browse my git repository to track it back. Notice that I'm
really busy ATM, so I don't have enough manpower to test immediatly.

I'll try to revert my patch and see the effects at the end of the next week.

--
Robert