[alsa-devel] Nvidia hdmi problems

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Fri Oct 24 17:56:19 CEST 2008

At Fri, 24 Oct 2008 17:22:43 +0200,
Nir Tzachar wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 4:22 PM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:

> >> I don't get any sound (at all, not even regular pcm) after doing this.
> >> Maybe my TV is not capable of ac3 input? Is this possible?
> >
> > Not sure about this, but I guess usually AC3-decoding should work on
> > device.
> >
> > What shows "iecset -n1" output?
> >
> > Also, please show the alsa-info.sh output (with --no-upload option)
> > in your current state.
> >

> > thanks,
> >
> > Takashi
> >

> $iecset -n1
> Mode: professional
> Data: audio
> Rate: unknown
> Rate Locked: yes
> Emphasis: none
> Stereophonic: not indicated
> Userbits: unkown
> Sample Bits: unknown
> Word Length: unknown

Hmm.. might be a bug of iecset or the driver.
Try to change some status bits via iecset utility, such as,
	% iecset -n1 prof off
then check whether the value is really changed.  Run
"alsactl -f somefile store" at each time, then check the value of
"IEC958 Playback Default" index 1 (control.45).

thanks,