[alsa-devel] Backported sbxfi driver (UNTESTED!)

Jason Harvey softdevice at jasonline.co.uk
Thu Oct 23 16:23:24 CEST 2008

Takashi Iwai wrote:
> What is the last kernel message from sbxfi driver?
> Usually it prints some messages (as debug=1 as default).

I applied the patch and when trying "mplayer wn.wav" I consistently get
the following message on the console

PANIC: double fault, gdt at c13f6000 [255 bytes]

nothing else, either reboots instantly or locks up.

In case you might find it of use I modprobed at debug=3 and ran dmesg
before I ran mplayer. Output attached.

Regards, Jason