[alsa-devel] Audio on omap3+twl4030 codec

Jarkko Nikula jarkko.nikula at nokia.com
Thu Oct 23 11:04:51 CEST 2008

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 18:54:12 +0530
"ext naveen krishna ch" <naveenkrishna.ch at gmail.com> wrote:

> I forget to add one more observation
> that is i have a older omap2 and twl4030 asoc codec driver and driver/ssi
> mcbsp support in a 2.6.24 kernel.
>
> when i try to use this in my coustum board the audio is working fine all the
> ways.
>
> > > I am wokring on 2.6.26 whre the support was not there for omap3 mcbsp.
> > > so i ported some stuff from the 2.6.27 latest git tree and now audio is
> > > working on omap3 evm.
> > > with the very same kernel when i try with my custom board. I am unable to
> > > hear audoi.

So to summarize:

- 2.6.26 + backported drivers on OMAP3 EVM -> audio works
- 2.6.26 + backported drivers on custom board with NAND boot -> no audio
- 2.6.26 + backported drivers on custom board with MMC boot -> audio
  works
- 2.6.24 (TI SDP release?) on custom board -> audio works

And I understood also that bootloader images were the same in all of
these cases. Did I get these correctly?

Is the rootfile system the same between these cases? I.e. that same
mixer settings like audio volumes etc. are used?

> Can anyone refer me towards the ones who worked on this kind of audio codec
> driver.

Worth to ask also on linux-omap mailing list
(linux-omap at vger.kernel.org) since TI engineers are reading it.

Jarkko