[alsa-devel] ASOC on OMAP3+twl4030

John Kacur jkacur at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 09:01:11 CEST 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 8:41 AM, naveen krishna ch
<naveenkrishna.ch at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I am reporting an issue for last 4 days and i am not getting enough response
> fromt he mailing list.
>
> My issue is with the asoc drivers for omap3 and twl4030 combination which
> are available in the latest git kernel.
>
> Audio is working on my custom board when i boot out of MMC but the same
> setup (x-laod, u-boot and uImage and hadware)  the audio is not working when
> i boot out of NAND.
>
> Can any one help me in debugging the issue.
>
> Background:
> I am using 2.6.26 linux kernel i have ported soc stuff from 2.6.27 latest
> git kernel for omap3 mcbsp and twl4030 codec support.. the audio is working
> when i use it on OMAP3EVM even though it is booted out of NAND.
>
> I am getting very less replies against my issue am i posting to wrong people
> or what
> can any one tell me how can i make use of this mailing list to its fullest
> --
> Thank You all,

Hmnn, I have gotten very good responses posting to the list, but a few
words of open source etiquette here might be in order, but the problem
could be exasperated if English isn't your first language. First of
all, no-one HAS to help you if they don't want. After all you are not
paying them, so they are doing so strictly on a voluntary basis, so
you can't demand that people help you, you just have to ask nicely.
Second of all, where is your code? Try posting your code, and then
giving a little more details about how you tried to debug this, or ask
a more specific question, like "how do I go about debugging this" -
and you will probably get some better responses.

Good luck
John