[alsa-devel] Audio on omap3+twl4030 codec

naveen krishna ch naveenkrishna.ch at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 15:24:12 CEST 2008

I forget to add one more observation
that is i have a older omap2 and twl4030 asoc codec driver and driver/ssi
mcbsp support in a 2.6.24 kernel.

when i try to use this in my coustum board the audio is working fine all the
ways.

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 6:40 PM, Mark Brown <broonie at sirena.org.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 06:17:39PM +0530, naveen krishna ch wrote:
>
> > I am working on omap3430 and twl4030 combination for audio.
>
> CCing in several people who've been working on these drivers recently.

I am new so i dont have much information of the other who is working on
similar things.

> > I am wokring on 2.6.26 whre the support was not there for omap3 mcbsp.
> > so i ported some stuff from the 2.6.27 latest git tree and now audio is
> > working on omap3 evm.
> > with the very same kernel when i try with my custom board. I am unable to
> > hear audoi.
>
> > I get audio when i boot out of MMC (x-load and u-boot in mmc and fiel
> system
> > is nfs).
> > But, when i usse nand(x-load and u-boot in nand and file system is on
> nfs) i
> > dont get audio  out
> > meams aplay and arecord seems working but i dont hear any audio.
>
> With the same software in all cases?

I used the same x-loader, u-boot and kernel and the hardware too in all the
cases

> > I probe and checked the Bit clock and Word clock of the I2S which seems
> are
> > comming when
> >  i try a aplay and arecord..
>
> Is there any data at all on the data pin?  Have you checked that the
> clock rates for the two clocks are correct (if not enough bit clocks are
> generated per frame clock then the DAC will not get enough data to
> produce a full sample as output)?

yeah there is data seems coming all the times i have probed the clocks and
data pins.
the data seems comming out of OMAP3 but i have no point here to probe in the
twl4030.
i used a 22050hz wav format file and the i noticed approx18Khz.

I probed with the same x-load and u-boot and 2.6.24 kernel image setup also.

then also the bit clock and word clock are the same as what i am getting
with 2.6.26 kernel image

> > I am sure that hardware has no problem.
> > Can any one tell me what might be the issue and where i have to start
> > debugging the issue.
>
> > If this is not the right palce to put my question can any one tell me the
> > correct mailing list.
>
> This should be a good place to ask.

Can anyone refer me towards the ones who worked on this kind of audio codec
driver.

--
Thanks,
Neyo