[alsa-devel] Audio on omap3+twl4030 codec

naveen krishna ch naveenkrishna.ch at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 14:47:39 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I am working on omap3430 and twl4030 combination for audio.

I am wokring on 2.6.26 whre the support was not there for omap3 mcbsp.
so i ported some stuff from the 2.6.27 latest git tree and now audio is
working on omap3 evm.
with the very same kernel when i try with my custom board. I am unable to
hear audoi.

I get audio when i boot out of MMC (x-load and u-boot in mmc and fiel system
is nfs).
But, when i usse nand(x-load and u-boot in nand and file system is on nfs) i
dont get audio  out
meams aplay and arecord seems working but i dont hear any audio.

I probe and checked the Bit clock and Word clock of the I2S which seems are
comming when
 i try a aplay and arecord..

I am sure that hardware has no problem.
Can any one tell me what might be the issue and where i have to start
debugging the issue.

If this is not the right palce to put my question can any one tell me the
correct mailing list.