[alsa-devel] ALSA SOC in the ARM linux kernel - pxa2xx-pcm oops on invalid dma_ch.

Oliver Ford ipaqlinux at oliford.co.uk
Mon Oct 20 10:48:40 CEST 2008

Hi,

I had been working on a kernel for the iPAQ 21x series (PXA310 based
with a WM9713) which I had originally (June 08) based on
arm.linux.org.uk's git tree with
wolfsonmicro.com/linux-2.6-asoc/asoc-v2-dev merged in. Recently (last
week) I tried to pull the latest changes from arm.linux.org.uk and got
too many conflicts in the ALSA SOC code, the mainline kernel code seems
to have been cleaned up a lot compared to asoc-v2-dev. Due to this I'm
now working from the ALSA SOC code as it comes in arm.linux.org.uk.

This mostly works but I'm having trouble with oopses due to invalid DMA
channels in pxa2xx-pcm.c. Is this the right place to ask about this, if
so I'll post the details here (which I already posted on the arm-linux
mailing list). Is there a branch on wolfsonmicro.com that would be
closer to what is now in the main kernel?

Thanks,

Oliver Ford