[alsa-devel] Backported sbxfi driver (UNTESTED!)

Bjoern Olausson lkmlist at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 17:33:33 CEST 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 12:35 PM, Xarteras
<xarteras at nostalgicnetworxx.org> wrote:
> Tony Vroon wrote:
>> On Fri, 2008-10-17 at 09:50 +0000, Xarteras wrote:
>>> ossplay still crashes though and strace isn't of much use.
>>> Running ossplay causes a sys reset so fast the strace output cannot even
>>> be flushed to disk anymore, neverless be up long enough to read it on
>>> the screen.
>>
>> A serial console may help you there, assuming you have two machines.
>
> Good idea :)
>
> Just tried it, but even a 115200 baud serial connection isn't fast
> enough to give me more than the first three lines of useless strace
> output before it's back to BIOS.
>
> Jan Wolf

Same here, not with serial, not with ssh, not even with a Camera
recording the screen....

No logs either...

By the way,
-amarok with xine as backand using ALSA works
-Flash movies with sound in Opera work
-Xine works flawless (nice sound)...just watched "Big_bug_bunny_080p stereo.ogg"

Now I am listening to my favourite song Diana_Krall_-_Black_Crow.mp3
(256kbps 44100Hz) with xine.
Clear, distortionfree, lovely sound!