[alsa-devel] Backported sbxfi driver (UNTESTED!)

Xarteras xarteras at nostalgicnetworxx.org
Fri Oct 17 11:50:27 CEST 2008

Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:00:30 +0000,
> Xarteras wrote:
>> Takashi Iwai wrote:

>>> Just run arecord to record something.  And, change the recording
>>> source via mixer.
>>>
>>> So far, I got little report about recording, and I'm not sure whether
>>> it works at all.
>> I just tested ossplay and arecord.
>> For me both result in a spontanous crash back to BIOS without leaving
>> any traces in the log files.
>> Everything else works fine so far.
>
> OK, then the problem is consistent.
> It's a bit tough to check without a proper log.
> How about running with strace?  What is the last syscall before the
> dead end?

I just noticed I still had a dsnoop/dmix set up and renamed asound.conf
for retesting.
Now at least arecord doesn't crash the system anymore, but it only
returns silence (Despite a mic being connected).

ossplay still crashes though and strace isn't of much use.
Running ossplay causes a sys reset so fast the strace output cannot even
be flushed to disk anymore, neverless be up long enough to read it on
the screen.

Jan Wolf