[alsa-devel] Backported sbxfi driver (UNTESTED!)

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Fri Oct 17 11:25:48 CEST 2008

At Fri, 17 Oct 2008 13:17:28 +0400,
The Source wrote:

> Xarteras пишет:
> > Takashi Iwai wrote:

> >> Just run arecord to record something.  And, change the recording
> >> source via mixer.
> >>
> >> So far, I got little report about recording, and I'm not sure whether
> >> it works at all.
> >
> > I just tested ossplay and arecord.
> > For me both result in a spontanous crash back to BIOS without leaving
> > any traces in the log files.
> > Everything else works fine so far.
> >
> > Jan Wolf
> >
> Seems that only one application at a time can use alsa. All other apps
> say they can't initialize sound until I close the first app.

Yes, it's a design, so far.
Right now, DSP is bypassed and the SRC is directly connected (as far
as I understood from the code).  So, I guess multi-playing won't work
without DSP codes.

You can use dmix instead.  At least, there is one positive report :)
For testing, just run like
	% aplay -Dplug:dmix foo.wav