[alsa-devel] New BIOS, new vendor and device IDs

Chris Pemberton cjpembo.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 04:51:27 CEST 2008

My machine is a Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop (0768 model).  I had to recently
update the BIOS.

Old BIOS:  lspci -> device id:  [17aa:2066] which is a Realtek ALC861VD
(found in patch_realtek.c)

New BIOS: lspci -> device id: [8086:27d8] (found in hda_intel.c)

In both cases, I use the module option "model=3stack" to get sound working:
Laptop speakers work.
Built-in mic works.
External mic works
Headphones work; but automatic speaker muting does not.

I tried to debug why I needed this module option at all, several months
ago (old BIOS), but I didn't get far and just became complacent with
using the module option.

If anyone is interested, I'll do what I can to help debug.  It would be
nice to be able to use Skype with headphones...

Output of the alsa info script is at:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=701ca6efa0500080dc78a555813f66c1d42096e6
That is with driver 1.0.17.  I'll try to update to the latest snapshot
and run the script again.

Thanks,

Chris